Vanilla Bundt Cake with Grapefruit Glaze
A wonderfully fluffy and light vanilla sponge pairs perfectly with a sweet and slightly tart grapefruit glaze. This recipe was a big hit in our household and the cake was gone in half an hour. The cake is naturally gluten free and very easy to prepare. To make this cake I used a smaller bundt baking tin (18 cm wide and 8 cm high) so if you are using a regularly sized baking tin, I recommend doubling the recipe so you get an appropriately sized cake!
3 tbsp sugar
300 g cottage cheese
1 pack (10g) vanilla flavor
100 g rice flour
50 g corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
juice of one grapefruit
2 tbsp sugar
1. Separate the eggs, and whip the whites with a pinch of salt until firm peaks form.
2. Beat the yolks with the sugar until they become fluffy. Slowly add the fresh cheese and mix well.
3. Add the vanilla flavor, the flour, corn starch and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
4. Lightly mix in the egg whites.
5. Pour the batter into a greased pan you’ve lightly dusted with sugar and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180°C. Allow it to cool a bit before flipping over.
6. To make the glaze, cook the juice of one grapefruit with sugar until it reduces to a thick, syrup like consistency.
7. Serve the cake with the glaze and powdered sugar on top.