Persimmon and Walnut Crepes
A delicious fall treat that will warm you and satisfy your sweet tooth: gluten free crepes filled with a rummy walnut filling and topped with fresh persimmons and dark chocolate. A true delicacy of flavors, with the freshness of the sweet persimmons that cuts trough the thick ground walnut filling with just a touch of bitterness from the melted dark chocolate. These ingredients come together to from an exquisite celebration of warming flavors for a chilly autumn day.
1 pack vanilla sugar
Pinch of salt
100 ml milk
95 gr gluten free flour
1 tsp baking powder
100 ml sparkling water
65 gr walnuts
150 ml milk
1 pack rum sugar
1 tsp gluten free breadcrumbs
1 tsp rum
In a bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla sugar, salt and milk. Add the gluten free flour and baking powder. Slowly add the sparkling water while mixing continuously.
2. Pour the batter on a heated and slightly oiled pan and cook the crepes. Set them aside.
3. For the filling, put the walnuts in a food processor and pulse until you get ground walnuts.
4. In a saucepan, mix the ground walnuts, sugar and milk and bring to a boil, mixing occasionally.
5. Mix in the gluten free breadcrumbs and rum into the walnut mixture and set aside to cool slightly.
6. Serve the crepes: fill each one with the walnut filling, top with fresh sliced persimmons and melted dark chocolate. Serve immediately.