Paleo Carrot and Pumpkin Muffins
A super easy, grain and gluten free recipe for delicious and healthier muffins. It features grated carrots which will add sweetness and moisture, so instead of using pumpkin puree I am using some pumpkin seed flour for these muffins. I absolutely love the smell and taste of this flour, as it has nutty and chocolate notes that compliment baked goods wonderfully.
The best thing about this recipe (except it being super delicious), is that it comes together very quickly and is all mixed in one bowl. For this recipe I used my silicone muffin molds, but you could make them in your regular muffin tin. Check out the recipe below!
200 gr grated carrots (2 big carrots)
1 pack vanilla sugar
1 tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
30 gr butter
100 gr pumpkin seed flour
2 tbsp flax seed flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. Grate two big carrots in a bowl.
2. Add two eggs, sugar and a pinch of salt to the bowl with grated carrots and mix everything well.
3. In a small pan or pot, melt the butter and mix it into the bowl with the carrots.
4. Now we will add the dry ingredients to the wet ones. Add the pumpkin seed and flax seed flours and baking powder and mix well.
5. Divide the dough into your muffin tins and add a couple of additional pumpkin seeds on top of each muffin.
6. Bake at 180°C or 356° F for 15 minutes.
7. You can serve the muffins as they are, or slice them and add some of your favorite jelly or jam - I ate them with my homemade pomegranate jelly. Bon appetit!