Juicy Marinated Chicken with Quinoa and a Matcha Green Tea Sauce
You might have heard about the popular matcha latte. You might even be a fan and make a cup of the delicious green stuff on the daily. A matcha dessert is a normal occurence, at least in our household. But this, my friends, is a savory dish with a matcha sauce!
Chicken and green tea might sound a bit weird, but worry not! The flavors flow beautifully together and make a refreshing and delicious lunch. Quinoa is mixed with vegetables, the chicken breast is marinated and is still super juicy once cooked, and the sauce brings it all together. I hope you'll try and enjoy this unusual flavor combo as much as I have!
300 gr chicken breast
½ cup quinoa
1 tsp mayonnaise
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp red paprika
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp tamari sauce
1 tsp potato starch
100 gr asparagus
150 gr cherry tomatoes
2 handfuls of arugula
50 ml yogurt
1 tsp mayonnaise
1 tsp matcha
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp hemp seeds
1. Cut the chicken breast into smaller pieces, and prepare the marinade by mixing olive oil, mayonnaise, red paprika, thyme, tamari sauce and potato starch.
2. Cover all the pieces of chicken with the marinate, and let it sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. Wash and cook the quinoa.
4. Blanche the asparagus by placing them into boiling salted water for two to three minutes, and then submerge them into cold water to stop the cooking process. Cut them into smaller pieces.
5. Wash the arugula and cherry tomatoes, and slice the tomatoes.
6. Place the marinated chicken into a lightly oiled, and very hot pan. Let the meat caramelize on one side before turning it over to the other.
7. Prepare the sauce by mixing the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and matcha. Mix well and season with salt to taste.
8. Drain the quinoa, and place it into a large bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes, asparagus, arugula which you can cut into smaller bite sized pieces if you so wish. Mix well.
9. Serve the dish by placing the quinoa and vegetable base in a bowl or a plate. Place the chicken on top, and drizzle the sauce on top. Sprinkle with hemp seeds and serve immediately. Bon appetit!