Golden Zucchini Bread
This golden zucchini bread is full of delicious and warming spices. The reason for the "golden" name lies in the use of one spice: turmeric. The delicious anti-inflammatory spice gives the bread a lovely golden yellow color. It is filled with an array of other spices, and delicious pancetta cubes. If you want to keep this bread vegetarian, simply omit the pancetta - the bread will still have tons of flavor!
The bread is gluten free, since I used certified gluten free oat flour and oatmeal. If you are making the bread for people who don't need to follow a gluten free diet, you can use regular oatmeal and flour you might already have at home. If you don't have oat flour you can try making your own by grinding the oatmeal in a food processor, or you can replace it with rice flour in this recipe.
550 gr zucchini
30 gr butter
80 gr oat flour
30 gr flax seed flour /ground flax seeds
40 gr oatmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp turmeric, rosemary, oregano, sweet paprika, cumin
1/2 tsp thyme
70 gr pancetta
1. Grate the zucchinis on the bigger setting - as you would apples.
2. In a bowl, mix the eggs with a little bit of salt.
3. Add the zucchinis to the eggs.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add all the herbs and spices. Toast it lightly on low fire for half a minute. Then slowly mix in the melted butter and spices into the bowl with the eggs and zucchinis. Add very slowly so you don't cook the eggs.
5. Add the flours, a bit of salt and pepper, and baking flour. Mix well.
6. If you want to add pancetta, cut it into small cubes and slowly incorporate into the batter by using a spatula.
7. Line your bread baking pan with a sheet of baking paper, and pour in the batter. Bake for 35 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
8. Let the bread cool a bit before attempting to take it out and slice it. Bon appetit!