Gluten Free Potato Fritters with Scallions and Avocado Mayo
Updated: Aug 31, 2020
These easy gluten free potato fritters can be prepared as a side dish, a quick dinner or a filling breakfast. I put some scallions in them but you can also add your favorite herbs like oregano or thyme and if you are feeling like it you can even add some diced pancetta or bacon pieces. Or you can use the base recipe I will type up here.
I decided to eat these fritters with a dip - so I prepared some super quick and delicious avocado mayonnaise. All you need is a ripe avocado (I used one medium sized Hass avocado), some good extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Season to taste and your meal is ready!
2 white potatoes (middle sized)
2 tbsp potato starch
2 tbsp gluten free flour
1/2 - 1 tbsp EVOO
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Peel the potatoes and coarsely grate them. Add some cold water to the potatoes and wash them. Use your hands to drain the excess moisture from the potatoes and place them in a clean bowl.
2. Finely slice the scallions and add to the potatoes. Add one egg, the flours and season. Mix everything well until you get a slightly wet and sticky mass. It should hold its shape once you press it.
3. Form six fritters of equal size. Heat up a pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Once the oil is hot, add the fritters and fry on medium low heat until they are golden brown on both sides.
4. Once the fritters have cooked through, place them on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
5. In the meantime, mash one avocado in a bowl. Add olive oil, vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve immediately, while the fritters are still warm. Bon appetit!