Gluten Free Fresh Fig Cake
In an attempt to enjoy the fig season to the maximum, I decided to create some delicious recipes with them. Usually its enough to just eat the fresh figs as they are, full of sweetness and texture, but this recipe is so easy to make and prolongs the use of this delicate fruit.
The batter features yogurt and sour cream, both of which act as a contrast to the sweetness of the fruit and honey. The result is a wonderful flavor combination that goes great with your afternoon tea or coffee, or even as an amazing breakfast cake!
1 vanilla sugar (10 gr)
pinch of salt
180 gr yogurt
220 gr sour cream
160 gr gluten free flour mix
5 gr baking powder
300 gr fresh figs
2 tbsp honey
1. In a bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla sugar and salt.
2. Add the yogurt and sour cream and mix well.
3. Slowly add in the dry ingredients, the gluten free flour mix and the baking powder.
4. Lightly grease the baking pan using either butter or oil and pour in the batter.
5. Take the fresh figs and slice them into circles and place on top of the batter.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, until the cake turns golden.
7. Take the cake out and leave it to cool a little bit. Drizzle with honey and serve. Bon appetit!