Gluten Free Corn Fritters
Updated: Aug 31, 2020
Since it's the prime time for sweet corn, I have been using it in all kinds of recipes. Sometimes, I just love eating it straight from the cob, slathered in butter and with some salt. But sometimes, I like experimenting and creating different flavor combinations. One of my favorite corn recipes can be found in my Fish Taco recipe which you can find here, and I also do quite like it creamed.
Today I am sharing a very easy corn fritter recipe that is, of course, gluten free. I packed the patties with other veggies and they are delicious eaten still warm or once they've cooled down. You can make these ahead to take with you to work or to the beach, or save them as leftovers, if there are any left! :)
140 gr red pepper
100 gr carrot
145 gr corn
30 gr gluten free oat flour
50 gr rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp red paprika, basil
feta cheese (optional)
1. Chop the pepper into fine small pieces, and grate the carrots finely. Take one cob of corn and use a sharp knife to slice the kernels.
2. In a bowl, mix two eggs and then add the chopped vegetables. Add the flours, baking powder, salt and seasonings and mix well.
3. Heat a pan with a bit of oil or ghee. While the pan is heating, use your hands to form patties.
4. Place the fritters on the pan and let them become golden brown one once side before carefully flipping them to the other.
5. Serve immediately. If you want, you can serve with some feta cheese on top or with sour cream. Bon appetit.
(you can also eat them once they cool down, so feel free to put away your leftover fritters in the fridge once they've cooled down for later)