Coconut Matcha Pancakes
Have you jumped on the matcha train? I don't know what took me so long but hey, I am finally here, ready to ride to Greenville. I made my first matcha latte with dairy free milk (I used homemade hemp milk) and I loved it. Sure, I am still trying to get around the taste of non-dairy milk but even my cow-milk-loving self loved it because matcha gave me a big green hug.
So, after the latte I was inclined to start experimenting with matcha in other recipes. I made these gluten free coconut matcha pancakes for breakfast and loved them. These pancakes are also dairy free since I use coconut milk. I didn't add any sugar in the dough, only drizzled them with a little bit of maple syrup while serving. Feel free to adjust the sweetener to your taste. Also, I only added one teaspoon of matcha into the dough and this gave me a pale green colour. If you want your pancakes to be a more vibrant green, and you prefer a more intense matcha taste, add a few more teaspoons of the matcha powder.
200 gr coconut milk
70 gr oat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp matcha powder
1. In a bowl and one egg. If you want to use sweeteners, add them now and mix well.
2. Stir in the coconut milk and then mix in the oat flour.
3. Add the baking powder and matcha. If you want a more intense matcha flavor and a more vibrant green color, add a teaspoon to two more matcha than stated in the recipe. If you want your pancakes to have chocolate chunks in them, stir them into the dough now.
4. Heat up a pancake pan and slightly oil it with some coconut oil. Cook the pancakes until both sides are golden.
5. Melt some dark chocolate. You can choose to just top the still hot pancakes with a piece of chocolate and it will melt, or you can melt it with some coconut oil and pour over the pancakes.
6. Make a pancake tower. Pour over the chocolate and maple syrup. Serve immediately. Bon Appetit!