Carrot Banana Bread Bars
Updated: Aug 31, 2020
What happens when you introduce carrot cake to banana bread? Let’s find out.
Well, spoiler alert, you basically get a carrot cake with some of the natural sweetness from bananas.
- 10 large carrots, grated
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 flax egg
- 5 table spoons chickpea flour
- Pinch of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 table spoons sugar
- 5 grams vanilla sugar (1 pack)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 table spoons golden flax seeds
1. Rinse and finely grate the carrots.
2. Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds with two to three tablespoons of water and let the mixture sit until it gels up.
3.In the meantime, combine bananas, eggs, and vanilla sugar or vanilla extract in a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Add the banana and egg mixture to the carrots, along with the flax egg, until well combined.
5. When these form a homogeneous runny batter, add the chickpea flour, salt and sugar and mix well.
6. Toast the pumpkin and sunflower seeds for a few minutes in a pan, and add them to the batter.
7. Oil up your baking pan and pour the mixture in. Bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees.