Buttermilk Blueberry Bars
Buttermilk and blueberries is a combo we are used to seeing in pancakes, and while delicious, I wanted to make a different type of dessert (or breakfast, if that's your jam ;)) so I decided to take that well known combo and turn it into gluten free bars. The texture of the cake is, in my opinion, best when still slightly warm from the oven, because the warm blueberries are still gooey but the bars are delicious even as a chilled snack!
80 gr sugar
pinch of salt
juice of 1 lemon
250 ml buttermilk
75 gr gluten free flour mix
75 gr glutinous rice or tapioca flour
50 gr cornstarch
2 tsp baking powder
80 gr blueberries
1. In a bowl, mix the eggs with the sugar and salt until fluffy.
2. Mix in the buttermilk and the juice of one lemon.
3. Add the dry ingredients: gluten free flour mix, rice or tapioca flour, cornstarch and baking powder. Mix well.
4. Fold in the blueberries using very gentle strokes to avoid crushing them and coloring all of the batter purple!
5. Oil the baking tin and pour in the batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
6. Once the cake cools down a bit, cut into bars and sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. Serve immediately.