Beef, Orange and Ginger Noodles
A super easy lunch option for those days that you just can't be bothered to cook elaborate meals. I love making rice noodles, some days I make them with just vegetables, and sometimes I add an animal protein to them. Today I'll show you how I make a very quick beef, orange and ginger noodle dish that is still loaded with seasonal veggies. If you wish, you can always make them spicy by adding chilli powder or a paste like sambal oelek, but I can't/don't eat spicy food so I omit that from my recipes.
200 gr beef
100 gr asparagus
100 gr flat green beans
50 gr carrot
120 gr zucchini
50 gr scallions
1 tbsp potato starch
1 cm fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic
1 Cut the vegetables: cut the asparagus and scallions into small circles, julenne the carrot, and cut the zucchini into smaller pieces. Finely chop the ginger and garlic. You can use your hands to snap the green beans into smaller, bite-sized, pieces.
2. Slice the meat into small, thin strips, and roll them into potato starch until completely covered.
3. Juice one orange and leave a handful of chopped green parts of the scallions aside.
4. Heat a pan with some oil, add the meat and lightly brown on all sides. Add the rest of the veggies and cook them on medium high heat while stirring constantly for a few minutes. Season.
5. Add the orange juice and cook it until the juice reduces to a thicker sauce.
6. Pour the rice noodles with hot water and leave them for a few minutes until they become soft.
7. Serve by placing the rice noodles in a bowl, and then place the veggie and meat mixture on top. Top with scallions and serve immediately. Bon appetit!