Baked Salmon Bowl with Blanched Asparagus
This is a recipe for an easy salmon bowl with baked salmon and blanched asparagus. It comes together very quickly as the fish only needs around 10 minutes to bake, and the asparagus are done in only a few. The longest process in this recipe is waiting for the rice to cook, which can vary according to the type of rice you use. For this recipe I used my favorite brand of jasmin rice.
The ingredients list shows the amount of each ingredient needed to make one bowl, so if you are preparing this dish for more people, keep this in mind and use more of each ingredient. In this dish I used tamari sauce which is a gluten free alternative to soy sauce but if you don't need to eat gluten free you can use regular soy sauce instead.
200 gr salmon filet
1/2 cup rice
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp tamari sauce
100 gr asparagus
1 tsp mayonnaise
1 tsp tamari sauce
50 ml plain yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cm fresh ginger
2 handfuls arugula
1. Prepare the marinade for the salmon: in a bowl, mix the mayonnaise and the tamari sauce. Coat the salmon with the mixture on all sides and put it on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 180 degrees.
2. Rinse and cook the rice.
3. Blanch the asparagus by placing them in a large pot filled with boiling water for 2-3 minutes. After you take them out of the pot, place them in a bowl filled with very cold water to stop the cooking process.
4. Peel and slice the avocado and cucumber, and wash the arugula.
5. Prepare the serving sauce: in a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, tamari sauce, lemon juice and finely chopped ginger.
6. Serve by placing rice in one side of the bowl, and the arugula in the other. Top with blanched asparagus, cucumber and avocado. Place the salmon filet on top, and drizzle everything with the yogurt sauce. Serve immediately. Bon appetit!