A super easy recipe that combines the classics: dark chocolate and almonds, all packed in a gluten free brownie version! To add more depth and definition to the flavors, I added a bit of strongly brewed Earl Gray tea. Since I am using quite a bit of dark chocolate in this recipe, to really get that decadent taste, I did not add a lot more sugar. However, if you would like, feel free to add more sugar to suit your taste.
200 gr dark chocolate
70 gr butter
pinch of salt
100 gr almonds
100 ml Earl Gray tea
1 pack vanilla sugar
100 gr gluten free flour
2 tsp baking powder
1. Melt the dark chocolate with butter and add a pinch of salt.
2. Blend the almonds in a food processor. If you want, you can chop up an extra few of them to have larger almond chunks in the brownie, but the blended ones should be of a finer consistency.
3. Make a small cup of Earl Gray tea and let it steep while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
4. In a bowl, mix the eggs and vanilla sugar or essence. Slowly pour in the melted chocolate and tea, making sure neither is too hot to prevent cooking the eggs.
5. Add the almonds, gluten free flour mix and baking powder and mix well.
6. Pour in a greased baking tin and bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
7. Once the brownies have cooled down a bit, cut them, add some powdered sugar on top and serve!