Gluten free zombie cookies are here to make your Halloween super fun and super spooky! A great and easy recipe that you can make with kids (or awaken your inner child!), and enjoy yourself while you decorate and eat them. The cookies have a light green color, courtesy of matcha. Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut these out quickly, but if you're feeling like it you can also cut out different shapes and make a, let's say, zombie llama (I have done that myself hehe!). So many fun possibilities!
Originally, I had planned on using white chocolate for the decoration, because that would make the cookies look like mummies, but I didn't have any at home. This is why I used dark chocolate but it turned out delicious and I used colored cookie decorating pastes (store bought) to give the cookies some additional details!
Check out these other super spooky recipes!
100 gr butter
1 packet vanilla sugar
pinch of salt
30 gr sugar
55 gr gluten free flour mix
100 gr oat flour
75 gr cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder (4 gr)
8 gr matcha powder
dark or white chocolate
colored cookie decorating pastes
1 Cube cooled butter and put in a bowl. Add the sugars and pinch of salt and use your hands to combine them.
2. Prepare the dry ingredients: mix the gluten free flour, oat flour, cornstarch, baking powder and matcha powder. Add to the butter and combine them a little bit using your hands.
3. Add one egg and use a spatula to first mix it into the batter and then use your hands to form a homogenous cookie batter.
4. Wrap the batter in plastic foil and leave in the fridge for half an hour.
5. Divide the cookie batter into halves to make it easier to roll out. Place the batter between two layers of plastic wrap and roll it out to the desired thickness: between 0.5-1 cm.
6. Use your gingerbread man cookie cutters to cut out the shapes.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
8. Once the cookies have cooled down, you can decorate them using dark or white chocolate and add the details using the decorating pastes.
9. You're ready for a super fun Halloween!