Updated: Mar 17, 2021
These easy gluten free cookies are full of melt in your mouth aroma. The delicious combination of flavors comes from the aromatic orange zest and juice, nutty pistachios and sweet cranberries. If you wish, you can dip the baked cookies into some melted dark chocolate, or eat them straight away (like I did!). In any case, they will make a wonderful addition to your coffee or tea time.
100 gr softened butter
60 gr sugar
pinch of salt
30 ml fresh orange juice
125 gr rice flour
125 gr gluten free flour mix
8 gr baking powder
25 gr shelled pistachios
40 gr cranberries
1. In a bowl, mix the softened butter, sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix using an electric mixer until the butter and sugar turn into a fluffy homogenous mass.
2. Grate an orange and add the zest to the bowl, along with the fresh orange juice. Add the egg and mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients: the flours and baking powder.
4. Chop the pistachios into smaller chunks. Fold in the chopped pistachios and cranberries to the batter using a spatula.
5. Wrap the dough and let chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
6. Form the cookies and place on a baking pan lined with baking paper.
7. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes, until the cookies get a nice golden color.