Scenario: a movie you've been wanting to watch is about to start. You are suddenly overcome by a great desire for a warm, deliciously savory snack. A snack that is crunchy on the outside and softy and chewy on the outside. The most important thing is that it should be made quickly so you don't miss out on the movie.
Solution: Tapioca and cheese balls. Gluten free, delicious, warm and savory with a crunchy crust and soft in the middle. Full of flavor from the cheese and herbs. And most importantly, ready in 20 minutes. The most demanding task: grating the cheese. Luckily, we are using a soft cheese that will be grated in no time.
100 gr grated cheese
100 gr tapioca flour
2 tbsp rice flour
50 mL milk
garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt
1. In a bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
2. Add 100 gr of grated cheese (I used gouda cheese) and incorporate it with the egg and milk mixture.
3. Add the tapioca flour and season with salt, dried basil and oregano and garlic powder. Mix it together using a spatula.
4. The dough will be a bit sticky at this point, so we add two tablespoons of rice flour and continue mixing the dough with our hands until it forms a ball that isn't sticky anymore.
5. Using your hands, form small dough balls and lay them on a baking sheet lined with baking powder. Bake at 180°C or 356° F for 15 minutes. Bon appetit!
If you make this or any other recipe of mine, please take a photo and use #cuisineshobaine and tag me @lavieshobaine so I can see your creations and shower them with likes! :)