Gluten free veggie wraps with hummus and grilled zucchini! A light and refreshing meal that will take away your hunger with its deliciousness. The recipe here is enough to make three big crepes/wraps. To fill these wraps I used grilled zucchini because I love the taste of it, especially when I drizzle some good extra virgin olive oil on them. If you wish, you can also add other types of grilled veggies in your wraps and I believe grilled aubergines would go especially well.
For the hummus, I decided to add some pickled roasted red peppers - preserved peppers. They add a wonderful flavor to the hummus. I also used the pickling liquid that was in the jar - this not only adds extra flavor, but also adds some acidity and liquid to the hummus so you do not need as much olive oil in this recipe. I suggest you start with a tablespoon of olive oil and blend and add accordingly to your desired texture and taste preference.
For the crepes:
100 mL carbonated mineral water
3 tbsp gluten free flour mix
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt, thyme, sweet paprika, oregano
For the hummus:
230 gr hummus (1 can)
2 pickled roasted peppers
5 tbsp pickling liquid from the peppers
1. In a bowl, mix one egg and the spices. Add half of the water and mix. Then add the flour, mix, and add the rest of the water.
2. Cook the crepes on a lightly greased crepe pan until they are golden on both sides.
3. In the meantime, prepare the hummus. Add the chickpeas, roasted red peppers, olive oil and pickling liquid and season. Blend well, until you get a smooth hummus. If needed, add a bit more olive oil to taste and to get the desired texture.
4. Cut the zucchini into thin strips. If it is a very long zucchini, you can cut the strips in half so it is easier to roll them into the crepe afterwards.
5. Grill the zucchini in a pan that you've lightly greased with some olive oil.
6. Wash the lettuce and tomato, and slice the tomato into thin slices.
7. Assemble your wrap: generously spread hummus, and add the zucchini, lettuce and tomato and roll it up. If needed, you can also season with a bit more salt before rolling the wrap. Bon appetit!