If you're a cheese lover, you will love how easy it is to make this flavorful baked Camembert. Did I eat the whole thing myself? In one sitting? Yes, yes I did. Did I feel a bit ugh afterwards because I ate too much? Yes, but you know as the old and wise saying goes: no ragrets.
All you have to do before you pop this cheese into the oven and patiently await the melting to commence, is to take the cheese, slice it lightly so you can rub in the seasonings and top it with a delicious blackberry jam and balsamic vinegar mixture. Prepare your favorite gluten free bread and/or fruit to dip it into the melted cheese (pears go really well) and enjoy the feast!
Let's bake this cheese!
1 Camembert cheese (250 gr)
2 tsp blackberry jam
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
fresh blackberries and pomegranate seeds
gluten free bread
1. Take the Camembert out of its box and unwrap it. Place some baking paper into the wooden box the cheese came in, and then place the cheese back inside it. Take a sharp knife and slice small diamond shapes into it.
2. Take the thyme and pepper and rub them into the little diamond shape cuts in the cheese.
3. In a small bowl mix the blackberry jam with balsamic vinegar and scoop the mixture on top of the cheese. If you have any fresh blackberries, feel free to add them as well.
4. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 12-15 minutes.
5. If you have fresh berries at hand you can add them on top, along with pomegranate seeds.
6. Serve immediately with your favorite gluten free bread. Bon Appetit!